The beautiful high English summer is upon us. I would not go so far as to call it hot, but it is still a long way from cold, which is good enough for us. Everything is ripe for harvesting and that includes blackberries. So this evening Maria and I went out to West Cambridge with our dear friend Anna Thompson and picked a big pail full without making so much as a dent in the bush. I won't say exactly where it is because it is the best blackberry patch I know of and it's our secret! Maria seemed to like the berries, as you can see from her pictures.
Sunday, 17 August 2008
Blackberry picking
The beautiful high English summer is upon us. I would not go so far as to call it hot, but it is still a long way from cold, which is good enough for us. Everything is ripe for harvesting and that includes blackberries. So this evening Maria and I went out to West Cambridge with our dear friend Anna Thompson and picked a big pail full without making so much as a dent in the bush. I won't say exactly where it is because it is the best blackberry patch I know of and it's our secret! Maria seemed to like the berries, as you can see from her pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment