Friday, 31 October 2008

The weather outside is frightful


It is jolly cold out. That is why Maria has to wear a coat when she goes outside. And a hat. Maria is smiling in this picture, which masks the truth that she was wailing miserably only moments before. The cause: I put on her sleeves, which she views as betrayal.

Another milestone was reached on Sunday. Maria turned one year old. This is how she looked at her party:

Maria did not have as much fun as the grown-ups, it has to be conceded. She did brighten up a bit towards the end, and despite her grief, she deigned to eat a whole piece of pizza. Because I have been heartless and put in the ugly photo above, I am including this lovely one. This one was taken before her party when she was still a happy little girl.

1 comment:

msanders said...

That was pretty priceless how upset she was! Something she will hopefully look back on and laugh!!