Greetings Everyone!!!
It is beautifully snowy outside and despite London's inability to recognise that snow has a positive side, we are enjoying it in Cambridge. My updates are fewer and fewer between because of what you might call our new crisis point. Namely, Maria is needing less daytime sleep. This is a problem because my daily hour and a half of napping baby was easily my most efficient period. It was also the only time I had to sit at the computer without a little paw reaching up and swatting the keypad. She is sleeping now, thankfully. But apart from the sleep crisis, Maria is coming into an age I really enjoy. She is endlessly bringing us books to read and she loves to point out doggies. My Grandma Cleo sent a picture of the family at last year's 4th of July celebration (we weren't there) and Maria was overjoyed to see....my parents' small dog Chiffon. I think she recognised the family members too, but it was clearly Chiffon who sparked the most joy. For those of us who have privately resented the high place Chiffon holds in my Dad's affections, this may come as a nasty blow. But oh well, I can't really blame Maria: Chiffon is very cute.
Before it started snowing, it rained. I read, and also agreed with, a book advocating parents take their children out to experience all kinds of weather. It was pouring rain and I thought it seemed like an adventure. So on came our wellies and macintosh (in my case, Gortex. After all, I'm from the Pacific Northwest). Maria partly saw the fun, I hope, in our excursion. She didn't smile hugely for the camera.
And last, snow. Maria doesn't know what to make of the snow. It's very difficult to walk in, so she mostly stands around and eventually asks to be picked up. Her snowsuit makes her look like red marshmallow but the item is a real gem, let me tell you.
2 comments:
Unfortunately, Teddy is yet to experience the snow down here in Texas. What are your thoughts on Mahfouz? I sat down with him a couple months ago in Arabic. I looked at the first dozen or so words, recognized nary a one, and put him down.
Beth! I just noticed Maria's SHOES. They are glorious -especially the green spots.
Love to you all
Katy
Post a Comment